King James Version of the Bible Sola Scriptura Test
Using the Bible alone, and no other resources, explain the following passages:
1. Isaiah 34:7: And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness.
Are unicorns real?
2. Romans 4:12: And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.
So did Paul sin by calling a man on earth his father?
3. Luke 14:26: If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
We have to hate our parents to follow Christ?
4. Colossians 1:24: Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:
Christ’s afflictions need to be filled with our sufferings?
5. Hebrews 13:23: Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty; with whom, if he come shortly, I will see you.
Paul and Timothy were blood brothers?
6. Hebrews 13:10: We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve the tabernacle.
New Testament churches have altars? Just what is Paul eating from his altar?
7. Romans 2:5-6: But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God; Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
God will judge us on our deeds, not on our faith?
8. Matthew 26: 39-44: And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt. And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour? Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak. He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done. And he came and found them asleep again: for their eyes were heavy. And he left them, and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words.
So is repetitive prayer using the same words OK?
9. Revelation 5:8: And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.
Dead people in heaven present our prayers here on earth to God?
10. John 20:21-23: Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost: Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.
So men besides Jesus have the power to forgive sins?