To be a protestant means that you protest against the Catholic Church, a Protest-ant, or a protester. Catholicbible101 believes that there will be many protestants in heaven, who do so much more for Christ than do cafeteria Catholics, who say they are Catholic but who publicly support abortion candidates, and who believe there is absolutely nothing wrong with so-called homosexual marriage. These cafeteria Catholics think that they are tolerant, and that tolerance is a virtue. But tolerance of evil is never a virtue, it is a vice. Having said that, let's take a look at what you have to believe if you are a Protest-ant....
1. You may believe that Jesus Christ did NOT set up the Catholic Church in Matthew 16:18.
2. You may believe that your man-made Church of the 16th Century is the one true Church that Jesus created in Matthew 16:18.
3. You may believe that the gates of Hell overcame the Church that Jesus started in Matthew 16:18.
4. You may believe that there is no liturgical priesthood in the New Testament, with no altar sacrifices, in spite of Matthew 5:23-24, 1 Corinthians 9:13, 1 Corinthians 10:18, Hebrews 13:10, Revelation 6:9, and Revelation 8:3 ...
5. You may believe that you are saved by faith alone, in spite of James 2:24-26.
6. You may believe that Catholics perform good works in order to be saved, instead of what is really true - Catholics do good works because Jesus said to do them in the Sermon on the Mount.
7. You may believe that the Eucharist is only a memorial, not a sin-forgiving sacrificial meal that is the hidden manna mentioned in Revelation 2:17.
8. You may believe that Jesus is the one mediator of intercessory prayer, instead of the one mediator of the New Covenant, like the Bible says in Hebrews 12:24.
9. You may believe that intercessory prayer to the saints is tantamount to conjuring up the dead to seek arcane knowledge, like King Saul did with the Witch of Endor.
10. You may believe that statues in church are evil, in spite of the fact that God told Moses to make 2 Cherub statues to put on top of the Ark of the Covenant; King Solomon had all kinds of statues in his Temple; and Moses made a statue of a serpent with healing powers in the desert to heal snakebite victims.
11. You have to believe that you can confess your sins directly to God instead of to a priest, in spite of John 20:21ff (the New Testament does not say anywhere to confess your sins directly to God).
12. You may believe that intellectual faith in God is the only kind of faith needed for salvation, in spite of the fact that Jesus said that "unless you have the faith of a little child, you shall not enter the kingdom."
13. You may believe that you can have altar calls in your church, without an altar.
14. You may believe that singing and preaching are the way to worship God on Sunday.
15. You may believe that calling anyone on earth "Father" is sinful, at the same time you celebrate "Father's Day," and trying to obey the Commandment that says, "Honor your FATHER and your Mother."
16. You may believe that 15 centuries of Christianity doesn't exist, and that Christian history leaps from the Bible to the creation of your church in the 16th Century, so as to be able to ignore the writings of the early Church Fathers, at the same time you believe the writings of Lucado and Graham...
17. You may believe that useless works of the Jewish law, like circumcision, are the exact same thing as good works, which are the fruit of our faith (Colossians 1:10).
18.You may believe that Jesus said to write everything down in a book, make sure everyone gets a copy, and whatever they come up with is OK, instead of Jesus creating a Church with the mission to go and teach all nations, making disciples of them, in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.
19. You may believe that salvation is me and the Bible, rather than being found in the Primacy of the Church, from 1 Timothy 3:15.
20. You may believe that the Pope cannot be infallible, because he is only a man, at the same time you believe that your personal beliefs about salvation are infallible.
21. You may believe that the necessity of eating Jesus' flesh and drinking his blood from John 6:48-58 is not necessary to have eternal life.
22. You may believe that Martin Luther was right to start his own "tradition of man" church named after himself, even though Paul says that there shall be no dissensions among believers, and that all should be of one mind.
23. You may believe that Martin Luther was a great guy, even though he advocated the killing of peasants, the burning of synagogues, the expelling of Jews from Germany, and that committing adultery 1000 times a day could not separate you from Christ.
24. You may believe that it's OK to see a man to heal your bodily ills at the doctor's office, even though Jesus could heal you much better than the doctor, while at the same time you think it's heresy to go see a man to heal your spirit of its sinfulness in the confessional.
25. You may believe that putting down Mary is somehow honoring Jesus, instead of calling Mary Blessed and realizing that her soul MAGNIFIES the Lord, not diminishes it (Luke 1).....